Friday, May 27, 2016

BEST: English Quiz Questions and Answers

  • Everyone wanted to hear the president's ______ address.
    • inaudible
    • inbound
    • inaugural
    • indented
  • Although the lunar landing ______, the crew managed to take some invaluable photos of the Moon's surface.
    • was abhorred
    • was aborted
    • was accomplished
    • was abolished
  • If you ______ to see Mary, could you say hello to her for me?
    • likely
    • possibly
    • happen
    • might
  • He refused to admit _____ too strict with the children.
    • to having been
    • had been
    • he should have been
    • he has been
  • Don't worry. You've got _____ on Janet. You're much more intelligent.
    • win
    • a bundle
    • one down
    • one up
  • When making beer, barley is _____ to bring out its sweetness.
    • germinated
    • malting
    • growing
    • produced
  • Hang ____! I'll be there with you an hour.
    • a little
    • down here
    • in there
    • more
  • Children need to have their imagination ______ .
    • impacted
    • simulated
    • stimulated
    • feigned
  • The guest room is quite small, but there should be enough space for you there. You only have a few ____ and pieces.
    • bits
    • clothes
    • stuff
    • books
  • The author died after a ______ illness.
    • procuring
    • profuse
    • protracted
    • prolapsed
  • You are taking this very lightly, ______ your mother is dead serious.
    • whence
    • since
    • as
    • whereas
  • I’m afraid I _____ used to working in an open-plan office.
    • haven’t ever
    • haven’t
    • haven’t got
    • have
  • He must be forty or ______ .
    • therein
    • thereafter
    • therefore
    • thereabouts
  • I got a _____ box for my birthday.
    • white small wooden
    • small white wooden
    • small wooden white
    • wooden small white
  • I’m not sure if I shut down the computer. I can’t really remember _______ it down.
    • have shut
    • shutting
    • to shut
    • I shut
  • Increasing currency ______ is making exchange rates more volatile.
    • intervention
    • speculation
    • laundering
    • endorsment
  • My parents suggested ______ apply for the job.
    • me to
    • me I should
    • that I
    • if I
  • If he_____ phone, tell him to ring back later.
    • should
    • can
    • might
    • will
  • I asked Jane about the accident, but she _____ a word.
    • didn’t use to
    • wouldn’t say
    • shouldn’t say
    • refused
  • My teacher had difficulty ______ my handwriting.
    • to read
    • for reading
    • reading
    • to have read
  • I’m not feeling well. I’d rather _______ in tonight.
    • stay
    • to stay
    • you to stay
    • staying
  • ’Do you mind if I open the window?’ ’I’d rather you ______.'
    • don’t
    • won’t
    • do
    • didn’t
  • My grandmother used to make her children _____ up their beds every morning.
    • make
    • to make
    • to do
    • made
  • Our company receives hundreds of ______ emails every day.
    • unstated
    • unsolicited
    • unrequited
    • unkempt
  • 2007 saw an uninterrupted growth, which ______ a couple of moderate falls continued in 2008.
    • increase
    • again
    • despite
    • however
  • I asked an old couple for directions, but _____ of them knew where the cinema was.
    • all
    • both
    • none
    • neither
  • ______ the people I interviewed, one in ten said they had already lied to someone that day.
    • around
    • between
    • among
    • along
  • Seldom _____ anything funnier.
    • I have seen
    • I see
    • have I seen
    • I saw
  • When you end up in prison with no friends left, only then _____ realise that all your thieving has been for nothing.
    • you could
    • will you
    • they might
    • it will
  • 'The bathroom floor is all wet. Who ______ a shower?'
    • had
    • has been having
    • had had
    • had been having
  • We _____ watch Star Trek with my brother every evening when we were children.
    • had
    • would
    • were used to
    • use to
  • I'm sure he _______ being around my ex-husband.
    • won’t get used
    • is used
    • might be used to
    • will get used to
  • She’s lost her credit card. She _______ it somewhere.
    • must have been dropping
    • should have dropped
    • must have dropped
    • would have dropped
  • _____ not been for his help, I couldn't have passed.
    • If it
    • Was he
    • Had it
    • If he had
  • When you are parted from your partner, you _____ to appreciate each other more.
    • find
    • may
    • become
    • grow
  • Nobody should think they're above _____ .
    • approach
    • reproach
    • blame
    • responsibility
  • When I stopped _____ to him, he was repairing his watch. We had a good chat.
    • speaking
    • to speak
    • spoke
    • having spoken
  • Nagging doesn't work. You should try and cut _____ it.
    • back
    • out
    • back on
    • up to
  • The trial, in which Ms Jones was accused of conspiracy, was scheduled to end ______ week.
    • any
    • that very
    • in the last
    • after
  • The judge had _____ in allowing the lawsuit to proceed.
    • astrayed
    • erred
    • biased
    • drifted
  • Criminal defendants can't be called to the stand by the ______.
    • prosecuting
    • persecution
    • persecutor
    • prosecutor
  • My sister really gets a ____ out of singing in public.
    • fun
    • buzz
    • blush
    • pleasure
  • I don’t know when the term ’hipster’ was ____ , but it has become quite popular lately.
    • fabricated
    • carved
    • uttered
    • coined
  • All the surviors have been ______ for.
    • dealt
    • accounted
    • found
    • reasoned
  • The poor are not _____ as full members of society.
    • thought to be
    • taken up
    • regarded
    • considering
  • – Can we use the conference room?
    – Sure, it _____ this morning.
    • isn’t using
    • isn’t used
    • hasn’t used
    • isn’t being used
  • Joe showed me photos of his new car, _____ he bought last week.
    • which
    • that
    • what
    • whom
  • You ______ him with my wife. She was with me all the time.
    • may have seen
    • mustn’t see
    • can’t have seen
    • should see
  • If you _____ mind waiting, I'll call and check if Mr Owen is in.
    • wouldn’t
    • do
    • will
    • could
  • I know I was supposed to stay serious, but I couldn't help ______ .
    • to laugh
    • laughed
    • with laughing
    • laughing

jQuery(document).bind(‘gform_post_render’, function(event, formId, currentPage){if(formId == 8) {} } );jQuery(document).bind(‘gform_post_conditional_logic’, function(event, formId, fields, isInit){} ); jQuery(document).ready(function(){jQuery(document).trigger(‘gform_post_render’, [8, 1]) } );


More for you:
Advanced English Grammar and Vocabulary Test with Real Time
How Terrible Is Your Basic Grammar? [Quiz]
50+ Best Online Quiz and Test Makers for Teachers
English Test for Elementary Students


 

The post BEST: English Quiz Questions and Answers appeared first on Learn English Online For Free – MyEnglishTeacher.eu Blog.

from Learn English Online For Free – MyEnglishTeacher.eu Blog http://www.myenglishteacher.eu/blog/english-quiz-questions-and-answers/


No comments:

Post a Comment